Thursday, December 6, 2012

Deck the Halls

It's that time of year again, to spread joy throughout your house with some simple decorations! Last year we were on the Pendleton Historic Home Tour so we felt really pressured to decorate. So this year we enjoyed a pressure-free day of decorating filled with holiday music and Christmas spirit.

First, I have a Christmas decoration DIY that I did last year. Here's the guide:

What You'll Need
1. Red and green paint chips in different colors
2. A few different sized round items as templates
3. A pencil
4. Scissors
5. String
6. A glue gun

Directions:
1. Trace the round shapes onto the back of the paint chips.
2. Cut the circles out.
3. Cut the strings to various lengths.
4. Glue the paint chip circles to the string in the same distance.
5. Hang them.

It's really easy and it adds such a festive spirit to something as ordinary as curtains. Here is our hanging up:







And here are the rest of our Christmas decorations:





I love the word ornaments. Not only are they fun, but they send a message too!




Since we had two trees last year, we decided to just go with a little one this year.




The theme of the tree is vintage. I got the lights at an antique store and most of the ornaments are from my great grandma! They are so much closer to my heart because they have meaning to me. Also, notice the sparkly pear and silver spruce sprigs that I featured before?




I hope you enjoyed our decorations. Have a great holiday season!


No comments:

Post a Comment