Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Silver for the Season

Remember when I posted about the Crate and Barrel holiday event? Well it made me realize that this holiday season is all about metallic. I happen to love metallic silver, so I decided that would be the theme of my holiday decorating this year! I got out my silver spray paint and looked for things I could cover in it.

I had been seeing things on Pinterest where you spray paint pinecones. I went outside to our pine tree and picked mini pinecones and a bag full of pine branches. Then, I spray painted the pinecones and some of the pine branches silver. The rest of the branches I left green and used those as decoration too.



The next metallic project was silver glitter pears. I bought the pears at the dollar store for a dollar each. I also bought some spray adhesive for about two dollars and I had some silver glitter. Here are the pears before:

 
First, I spray painted the pears so that if they weren't completely covered in glitter, the yellow wouldn't show through. I used the silver for this. Here are them painted:






Then, I sprayed each one with spray adhesive and rubbed on the glitter. This was a messy project so I suggest doing it in the garage.

And here are the after pictures with all of the decorations put together!







I hope you all have a splendid silver season! Check back in later for more Christmas decorations and a booth update.

No comments:

Post a Comment