Friday, November 23, 2012

Wine & Dine

As the holiday season is upon us, I thought I would share an easy, DIY hostess gift. After we had our housewarming party, I realized how much work it is to throw a party. So I decided to make a hostess gift for my aunt since she was hosting Thanksgiving.

At our Thanksgiving there is usually some wine to enjoy and that's why I decided to make wine tags! I have some wine corks as decoration at home and I used those to make the wine tags.



Here's the DIY:

What you need:
1. Wine corks (8)
2. A needle
3. Pliers
4. Wire cutters (or plant clippers)
5. Straight pins for jewelry (they have an eye)
6. Earring hooks

Directions:
1. Put the needle in the cork to make a starter hole through it. You will need the pliers to pull it out.


2. Put the straight pin through the cork and cut off the excess at the end. Push the extra back in the cork.

 
3. Put the earring holder through the eye.

It's so easy and pretty cheap! You can get most of it in the jewelry section at any big box store. I am looking forward to using some I made for our house at our wine and cheese party! Here's the after pic:


No comments:

Post a Comment