Sunday, December 30, 2012

Cardi Clip

As a serial DIYer I knew that I would DIY some of my Christmas presents. One day, Mina gushed to me about a cardigan clip that she really wanted. Then, I stumbled upon an easy DIY from Refinery29. I knew instantly that I would make that for my closest girlfriends. We all love cardigans and vintage earrings. I ran to the thrift store for clip-on earrings and the craft store for the other tools. Here is the DIY or you can follow the Refinery29 DIY.

What You'll Need:

1. Clip-on earrings
2. Needle-nose pliers
3. Necklack chains
4. Jump rings

Steps:
1. Open the jump rings with the pliers
2. Connect the chains to the clip-ons with the jump rings
3. Close the jump rings with the pliers
4. Clip it on to your cardigan or collar

Mina and Allie loved the present and Allie even blogged about it!

Here are some pictures of the project:

Me working hard on the project.

Holding up the finished project.

These are the clip-on earrings I picked to use for my Christmas present.

Modelling Mina's cardi clip before I gifted it to her.

I wore mine on Christmas. I felt like a modern Mrs. Clause with my red and green combo.

I hope you had a great Christmas! Thanks for reading my blog in 2012 and I'll see you in 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment