Thursday, January 3, 2013

Happy 2013 Party

This year we had our 2nd annual New Year's Eve party! My first blog post was about last year's party. We were really excited to ring in a new year with great people and great fun. I thought I would share some pictures of the party with to keep with tradition.

We made raspberry pomegranate champagne jello shots that were delish! Here's the recipe:

Ingredients:
1. 2 packs of raspberry jello
2. 2 cups water
3. 2 cups champagne
4. 1 pomegranate

Directions:
1. Boil the water and stir in the jello until it dissolves
2. Let cool to room temperature and stir in the champagne
3. Pour into ice cube trays and a cool mold
4. Add the pomegranates and cool in the fridge
5. Dip in hot water for 5 seconds and cut around the trays and mold with a knife

We also made pomegranate ice cubes. It was so easy, we just added pomegranates to the ice cubes before we froze them. It made for pretty and delicious drinks.

The ice cubes in our double duty owl ice cube bucket OR cookie jar that we bought on Ebay.

As usual we updated our chalkboard with a new festive greeting.

We had a ton of tinsel left over from last Christmas so we decided to put it to good use. We cut out numbers from a cardboard soda box and spray-painted them silver. Then, we wrapped the numbers in tinsel using a hot glue gun. It ended up being a way more involved project that I thought, but I like the way it turned out.

We just easily added some curly ribbon to our curtains for a fast, festive look.

Our Christmas lights were the only Christmas decorations we left up for the party. I love to look out our window-paned front door and through the lit-up wreath to watch the snow fall.

And lastly, a picture of Kyle and I on New Year's Eve. I was so excited to use my Chanel lipstick that I got for Christmas and get it on Kyle's face when we smooched at midnight.

Happy 2013! I can't wait to share more posts with you this year! Check back next week for a booth update.








No comments:

Post a Comment