Friday, January 11, 2013

All that Glitters

Before the holiday season I told you that metallics were a trend this year. I consider glitter to be a metallic. So I decided to make some glitter tights to wear for the holidays. Christmas came and went and I was sad I hadn't worn them yet. Then New Year's Eve arrived and I knew that would be the perfect night to debut my glittery creation. Here's the DIY:

What You'll Need:
1. tights
2. glitter
3. spray adhesive
4. newspapers or magazines
5. hanger


Directions:
1. Roll up the newspapers or magazines and place them in the tights. This will ensure that the spray adhesive doesn't make the tights stick together on the inside.
2. Lay the tights on the ground (preferably in the garage because this can be a mess).
3. Spray the tights with spray adhesive and sprinkle the glitter on them.
4. Flip them over and repeat.
5. Hang them on the hanger and let them dry.
6. Before you put them on try to hit them and stretch them to get rid of any excess glitter.

Here's how they turned out:



When they were on the hanger, they looked really glittery. But when I put them on they were perfect. I think it added just the right amount of sparkle I needed with my black dress. And it was a really cheap project! Next week check back in for another booth update.

1 comment:

  1. This is so funny!! Before NYE, I went looking for glittery tights to go with my little black dress. I didn't find any that I liked so I ended up buying a shimmery top instead -- I like what you did so much better!! Will have to do this next year!

    ReplyDelete