Thursday, December 20, 2012

Thrifty Gifty

With Christmas right around the corner, I found myself trying to get all of my gift wrapping done. I realized that I needed gift tags. Last year, I cut paint chips into Christmas shapes to use as gift tags. They were really cute, but I wanted to do something different this time. I found this pin on Pinterest and loved it. I thought it was really cool the tags could also double as ornaments after this year. I also decided to modify it a bit based on what I had already. I used a permanent marker instead of paint and I baked them to make sure they dried out properly. This yeilds about 20 gift tags.

Here's the tutorial:

What You'll Need
1. 2 cups of flour
2. 1/2 cup salt
3. 3/4 cup warm water
4. rolling pin
5. cookie cutters
6. permanent markers or paint
7. pen or something to poke hole in the ornament
8. sting, ribbon, or fishing line

Directions:
1. combine the flour, salt and water. Knead it together.
2. Roll out the dough
3. Cut out the dough using the cookie cutters
4. Draw your design on the ornament with the sharpies
5. Poke a hole at the top of the tag
7. Bake at 200 degrees for about 15 minutes or until they look dried out.
8. Put the string through it and tie onto a gift.

Here's the after pictures:








Our puppy Lexus wanted to know what we were doing. I can't wait to give these to others and see them on their trees! It was an easy project that can be reused!



No comments:

Post a Comment