Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Wine + Cheese Please

The weekend before last we hosted a wine and cheese party at our house! We wanted to host a holiday party, but with a different spin. And we love both wine and cheese. So we asked all of our guests to bring, you guessed it, wine and cheese. Then, we made some hors d'oeuvres and did a little bit of decorating. I thought I would share some photos of the party for you.


I found a great pin on Pinterest that had free printables. I printed them off and cut them out. Then, I taped it to some ribbon and hang it on our built-in. I thought it added a little bit of fun to the party!


I picked up this pendant on one of our recent trips to IKEA in the holiday section. I love the way the light shines through it and I will be sad to take it down after the holidays!

You gotta have wine glasses at a wine and cheese party. I always like to use disposable glasses because it can be so tiresome to wash all of those glasses after the party (in addition to cleaning everything else up). I thought a little tower might fancy them up a bit.

We actually got this idea from the Midland holiday party: grapes covered in sugar. It makes them look like they have fresh snow on them. All you do is rinse the grapes (like you usually would before eating) and put them in a plastic bag with sugar. Then you shake it up and you're done! They are festive and oh so delish.

Here is some of our spread, including my cheesecake bites with raspberry topping.



And lastly, our chalkboard with a holiday greeting.



I hope you enjoyed pictures of our holiday party! Later this week I will have a booth update for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment