Monday, August 6, 2012

Eagle to share this lamp

We have had an eagle lamp in our booth for awhile that I liked but thought it needed a little something more. After I painted this side table teal I knew that's what I wanted to do with this lamp. I thought it would make the yellow globe pop and the touch of paint would be just what it needed to be more modern. So I got out my supplies and got to work. Here is a before picture:



I used the same oil-based teal paint that I used for the side table. It's Rustoleum. I used a foam brush for this just like with the side table. Foam brushes are great for oil-based paint because the paint sticks so well. It is hard to get the oil-based paint out of any brush, so we just use these cheap foam brushes. I had Kyle tape off the globe with painter's tape and I just brushed the paint on. I decided to give it only one coat because I liked the way it looked. Then I had Kyle take this after picture:



As usual you can find this lamp at booth 1964 at Midland. Next up this week I will have a DIY wedding tutorial. For those of you who haven't heard, I am engaged to be married next May. I have been starting some DIY projects for the wedding and I can't wait to share them with you!

Chanel

No comments:

Post a Comment