Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Love letters

This past week I worked on another wedding DIY. This was project was inspired by my friend Audrie's wedding. She incorporated their initials at the entryway of her venue. I loved the idea and wanted to use it for our wedding as well. I asked Audrie for the tutorial and she said her cousin Sarah was the one who did it. She messaged Sarah and Sarah was nice enough to share the tutorial with me. And now I'm passing it on to you! Here are Audrie's letters, my inspiration:


Here is the tutorial:

What You'll Need:
1. Cardboard Letters - I got mine for $1 a pop at Hobby Lobby
2. Bouquets of fake flowers from the dollar store, I used about 8 boquets
3. A pen
4. Hot glue gun



Directions:
1. Pop the heads off all the flowers. This was surprisingly easy to do.
2. Poke holes in the letters about an inch apart. You can stick some of the flower heads in as you go to know how far to poke the next hole.
3. Glue the flower heads in.

That's it! It is a really easy project and I love the way the flowers look. Here is our finished product:


I can't wait to use these at our wedding. Thanks Audrie and Sarah for sharing! Stay tuned because in my next post I will debuting photos of our built-in in the living room!

No comments:

Post a Comment