Thursday, July 26, 2012

Wedding Window

Recently, my best friend's sister Audrie got married! It was such a beautiful wedding and the most fun I've had in a long time. There were drinks all around and lots of love, two things that I think should be at every wedding.

Before Audrie's wedding, her sister Allie had told me that she wanted to put the seating chart on old windows. I just happened to find an old window at a garage sale in May and snatched it up for her. The window cost me a cool $3. Can't beat that! Audrie's husband's mom also had an old window. So, I volunteered to paint them for her. She bought the paint color she wanted, which was one of her wedding colors and I started painting. Here are some before pictures:


 The window I bought at a garage sale. It was pulled from a historical home that they were renovating in Pendleton!


The window that Audrie's mother-in-law provided.

Since one of the windows was brown and one was already painted white, I primed the brown window with a coat of white paint. White paint is a must-have for redoing furniture, so I always try to have it around. Then, I painted both windows with two coats. I didn't tape off the windows because they were old and I wanted them to look a little hand done. Whenever I got too much paint on the window pane, I would just wipe it away with a paper towel. Another trick you can use after the paint has dried is to use a razor blade on the window. It will scrape the paint right off!

I handed the windows off to Audrie and she wrote the seating chart on them. I also gave her the leftover paint. I thought maybe she could paint something in her home with it and it would always be a reminder of their special day. Here are some pictures of the windows at the reception:


I thought this was a super cute seating chart idea! Props to Audrie for her great taste (throughout the wedding).


I thought the project turned out great and I am glad I could help out Zach and Audrie. Cheers to a life full of love and laughter to the newlyweds!

No comments:

Post a Comment