Monday, October 29, 2012

Hop on the Halloween Bus

This year for Halloween I was Miss Frizzle and Kyle was the Magic School Bus. My costume only cost me $5 and I wanted to show you how I made it!

DIY Miss Frizzle Costume


What You'll Need:
1. A blue dress
2. Felt squares (I used 6 (3 yellow, 1 blue, 1 white, and 1 orange)
3. Safety pins
4. Hot glue gun
5. Red flats
6. Stud earrings

Directions:
1. I had a star cookie cutter that I used for the star. I traced it on the yellow felt squares and cut it out. You could also free-hand draw a star and then trace that.




2. Then, you will need to find a circle shape to trace for the middle of the suns and for the planets. Cut out the circles.




3. Take the circles you cut out and place them on the orange felt. Then, draw sunbursts around them. Cut those out and hot glue the circles to the sunburst.


4. Take the other circles you have and place them on the white felt. Trace half of the circle and then move it over slightly and trace half of it again to make the moon.

5. Trace the circle and draw swirls in it. Put an x in half of the centers (to make the planets). Cut out the moons and the x parts of the planets. Hot glue those to the circles.

6. Draw rings on the white felt and cut those out. Hot glue those to the remaining circles.

7. Using safety pins, pin all of the felt items onto the dress.

8. Pin two stars onto your flats. Take stud earrings and push them through the felt stars.

9. Put on your outfit, put your hair up all crazy and enjoy!

Here is what my costume looked like:






Have a happy Halloween! Stay safe and check back at the end of this week for a booth update!

No comments:

Post a Comment