Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The Mr. & Mrs.

Today I have another wedding DIY to share with you! I'm trying to get wedding DIYs done as I have time now so that I don't feel super stressed out closer to the wedding.

This time I made signs for the back of Kyle and I's chairs. I knew I wanted to make Mr. and Mrs. signs, but I am also very excited about the first letter of my new last name: L. For years I have been stuck with a boring R as the first letter of my last name. I am pretty stoked to be able to sign a swoopy L as the first letter of my last name. My mom's first name starts with an L and I have been jealous of her swoopy L since I was a kid. So I knew I was totally doing Mr. and Mrs. L. There was no doubt that the swoopy L celebration would start with our wedding.

Even though you now think I'm crazy for my love of the swoopy L, there is someone who took it far more seriously than I did, Laverne from Laverne and Shirley. And she was the fun one!



I thought the easiest way to make the letters would be to use cardboard. One day when Kyle was about to throw away our Ginger Ale container I said "Noooooooooo. I need that for a project." Yes, I have become one of those crazy craft ladies who won't let her fiance throw away anything because she needs it for a craft project. So enough about that, here is the tutorial.

What You'll Need:

3 Cardboard boxes (soda or beer box works great)
Pencil
Scissors
Hole punch
Glitter or paint
Ribbon

Steps:
1. Dismantle the cardboard boxes
2. Write the letters on the boxes and cut them out
3. Put two hole punches on each letter (for the ribbon)
4. Paint or glitter them
5. String the ribbon through

Here's the after picture:


It's a simple and cute DIY that will let me celebrate my new title (and swoopy L of course)!

No comments:

Post a Comment