Sunday, January 26, 2014

Holly Hobby

This polar vortex, winter break, and snow days have turned me into Mrs. Holly Hobby. I have spent more times on the hobbies I already enjoy, such as working on pieces for our booth. I have also started on new ones. I have been reading books for my New Year's Resolution #Read26Indy, which you can read about in this post. I am half way through my third break of the year and I am loving substituting trashy TV for reading. I have read The Interestings and Eleanor and Park (which was awesome and will remind you of your first love). Now I am reading Dark Places:

This book is by the author of Gone Girl, a book I read and loved. Both Gone Girl and Dark Places will be movies this year. So far, I love this as much as I loved Gone Girl!

I have also started knitting! My awesome friend Mina taught me how to knit recently and I have been obsessed ever since. I went to the craft store and stocked up on knitting supplies. I have knitted one scarf already and have started another one. I mean in this cold, who doesn't love a hand-knitted scarf? Here are some pictures of my knitting projects:
I loved this yarn when I saw it and knew I wanted to use it for my first scarf. It goes with everything!

This is my next scarf, sparkly teal. In case you can't tell, I have a soft spot for teal. 
 
Knitting is so calming and it is a great hobby to have. My next project is going to be a hat for my lovely husband (in Colts' blue as he requested). Stay tuned for future #Read26Indy updates and a DIY project we did in our house to prep it for listing. Try to stay warm (maybe with a hand-knitted scarf)!





2 comments:

  1. I'll have to put that one on my reading list! I love the scarf you made, the colors are wonderful!!!

    Love this blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that we're little knitting buddies. I'm going to miss those random nights hanging out on the fly when you move to the big, bad city!

    ReplyDelete