Friday, June 20, 2014

#Read26Indy Update

Happy middle of June to everyone! The middle of June means sun, fun, swimming, barbecues, etc. It also means that I am halfway done with my #Read26Indy challenge! I thought I would give everyone an update on the books I read and some upcoming ones I will be reading beachside on vacation :)
Here is the list:
  • The Interestings by Meg Wolitzer
  • Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
  • Dark Places by Gillian Flynn
  • A Long Way Down by Nick Hornby
  • The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion
  • Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald by Therese Anne Fowler
  • This Is Where I Leave You by Jonathan Trooper
  • Noggin by John Corey Whaley
  • Bossypants by Tina Fey
  • Astonish Me by Maggie Shipstead
  • Trash by Andy Mulligan
  • Bringing ABA Into Your Inclusive Classroom: A Guide to Improving Outcomes for Students with Autism Spectrum Disorders by Debra Leach (for school)
I thought I would pick five of my favorites to spotlight. If you click on the pictures, it will link you to the Goodreads page with a synopsis of the book:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15795357-eleanor-and-park?from_search=true

 Eleanor and Park is a great YA book that is a quick and satisfying read!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16181775-the-rosie-project?from_search=true
If you like the Big Bang Theory (which who doesn't?) you will like this book. I swear a nice Sheldon Cooper narrates it. This book is equal parts funny and awesome.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6224935-this-is-where-i-leave-you?from_search=true 
In case you haven't heard, this hilarious book about true family relationships is going to be a movie with Tina Fey and Jason Bateman! 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18049084-noggin?from_search=true
This other YA book has a crazy premise, but the narrator is hilarious and it holds true to real life experiences. I was skeptical at first, but ended up loving this book!

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7740772-trash?from_search=true
I must love YA books because this one captured my heart as well! It is a great story that shows hints of poverty in our world. It is a thriller and will keep your attention!
In addition, here is what I'm currently reading and plan to read in the future:
  •  Let's Explore Diabetes with Owls by David Sedaris (currently reading)
  • The Vacationers by Emma Straub (perfect for my beach vacation
  • The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt
  • One Summer by Bill Bryson
  • Middlemarch by George Eliot (a classic)
  • My Life in Middlemarch (a great one to follow up Middlemarch)
I thought this challenge would be super hard, and it is some weeks, but mostly I have found it enriching. I found that if I substitute TV time or read a half hour before bed, I can do it. I am always open to suggestions for books! Stay tuned for a house project next on the blog!






No comments:

Post a Comment